When the weather is hot you tend to spend more money on gas. After all, you’re going to need to be running the air conditioner if you want to stay comfortable, especially if you’re going on a road trip or driving more than a couple of minutes at a time. However, you don’t have to suffer gas prices and lower mileage in the summer.
Use these six tips to help you improve your MPG when driving during the summer months:
- Set the air conditioner as high as possible. If you can do so safely, turn the air conditioner up and down as needed instead of simply leaving it very cool in the car. If you have a passenger, allow them to operate the air conditioner so you can drive safely.
- Roll down the windows when you are in traffic or going slower than 40 miles per hour. Cool air from outside can help you reduce your use of the air conditioner, especially in the late afternoon and evening hours.
- Take your car in for regular tune-up every six months or so. Regular automotive repair services will keep your car in good shape, helping you get the best MPG all year round.
- Get your car serviced before any long trip. Automotive repair services are essential before any long distance trip. Otherwise you’ll spend more on gas and the potential for a breakdown will be considerably higher.
- Park your car in the shade whenever possible. That way you won’t have to run the AC quite as high when you first get in your vehicle in order to cool it down.
- Use a window shade to protect your car from the sun. The upholstery, dash and rubber or plastic parts will wear better too.
A-Z Tech Automotive, a complete automotive repair services company that offers convenient and high quality personalized automotive repair and service in Orange County. Long and the team are committed to safety first and are known for their outstanding workmanship, friendly and experienced staff, on-time delivery and excellent customer service, including a comprehensive solution for collision repair.